MBSR 8 week course
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is an evidence-based training program bringing together neuroscience, psychology and contemplative practice. It offers a a systematic approach to deal with life’s challenges.
MBSR offers practical techniques to help cultivate an observant and compassionate approach to your thoughts, emotions, body sensations and impulses. The process includes paying close attention to these inner states as well as the outside world, creating a space for personal transformation.
Each week we explore key topics to support your understanding and integration of mindfulness into daily life. The course includes:
- 8 x 2 hour sessions weekly and a silent Sunday retreat day
- guided instruction on a variety of mindfulness meditations including breathing practices and body scans
- gentle movement and mind-body awareness training
- understanding stress and its impact on your life
- exploration of thoughts, feelings and habits and how to work with these mindfully
- scientific rationale and the theory behind the practices
- group discussion and feedback to support bringing mindfulness into everyday life
- a workbook and a series of downloadable audio guided meditations
|"MBSR taught me that meditation truly is the key to learning about yourself, taking care of yourself
and building peace and awareness" - Jen, 2016
"The highlights of the course were the in-house practices, the weekly ongoing reassurances and support,
the role modeling of the trainer, and the day retreat of mindful silence" - Jacob, 2017
"I really enjoyed Lydia's guidance while meditating - her comments on how to listen and be with self. So compassionate, kind and helpful" - Therese, 2017
Home practice is essential and everyone is encouraged to do daily practice.
Next MBSR course starts Wednesday 25 October - 13 December, 6.45 - 9pm, St Leonards.
Course fee - $547 Earlybird until 13 October - $597 from 14 October.
If you are interested in doing MBSR please register and pay here.
Sunday Retreat – returning students
A silent Sunday retreat day is included in your MBSR course.
If you are a returning student the fee for the day is $47. Click here for payment details.
Next dates - 10 September 2017 and 3 December 2017, 10am - 3pm, Mosman.
Mindfulness Course Dates and Details
Book A Mindfulness Course
Mindfulness Training FAQs